West Indian Black Cake
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- Grind dried fruits and soak it in 3 cups of rum.
- Store in an air tight container for three weeks.
- Prepare the caramel by heating the sugar until it turns dark brown.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, soaked fruits, and rum.
- When it is well blended, pour the caramel.
- Add the flour with the baking powder and mixed spice.
- Fold in the cherries.
- Pour mixture in a greased baking pan and bake in a slow oven (about 300 degrees F.) for two hours or until a knife comes out clean at the centre.
- Remove cake from pan after two days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!