INDIAN FLOWER SAMOSA
photo by ashwinisivaranjani
- Ready In:
4 depends on the size we made
- boil the potato for 3 minutes and mash it.
- cut the onion into small pieces.
- chop the ginger,garlic and green chillies.make it a fine paste.
- take a pan and pour 4 tablespoon oil and 1 teaspoon ghee.
- add the onions and saute it for 10 minutes.
- when the raw smell is gone add the GGC paste(ginger,garlic,green chilli paste) and saute it for 4 minutes.
- now the oil starts separating along the sides of the pan.
- now add chilli powder,turmeric powder,garam masala,chat masala and salt.
- saute it for another minute.
- add the mashed potatoes to it.
- add 2 tablespoon water.
- allow the potato to mix with the masalas.
- add carrot,cabbage to it.
- now the mixture is ready.allow it to cool.
- add required water to the maidha flour and mould it to chapati flour consistency.
- round it to balls amd roll it with the help of a roller to a round base.
- with the help of knife cut the edges and make a perfect square shaped dough base.
- now fold the four corners of the base inwards.
- now flip the base.
- place the filling inside the base.
- Bring corners over the filling to center.
- Press all joints and center with fingers without any gap.
- Turn over the piece and pull the folded corners out to make a flower shape.
- likewise make 3-4 flower shape samosa base.
- Now our flower shapes are completed.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry each piece separately.
- Turn the pieces in oil for other side to fry.
- Take out from oil and place the samosas in a tissue paper.
- serve hot with tea/coffee.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!