photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- fresh mint sprig, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup seedless watermelon, cubes (1/2 inch)
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple chunk (1/2 inch)
- 1 lime, quartered into wedges, plus more wedges for garnish
- ice cube, as needed
- 3 ounces or 3 shots white rum
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 dash sugar cane syrup or simple syrup
- Using a mortar and pestle, crush or muddle some fresh mint.
- Spoon in the watermelon and pineapple cubes, and crush them bit by bit. Toss in the lime quarters, and continue mashing.
- Then, in a cocktail shaker, add 1/2 cup ice cubes, all of the fruit and mint mojito mixture, then add the rum, pineapple juice, and finally, a dash of sugar cane syrup. Shake well to combine.
- Divide between 2 hefty glasses garnished with lime wedges and mint sprigs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Affable Canadian chef Chuck Hughes is a restaurateur and television personality known for his inventive take on comfort food, which he shares on his show, Chuck's Day Off.