I Miss Bar Harbor Blueberry Pie
photo by TheResponsibleOne
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- frozen pie crust
- 3 3⁄4 cups cups fresh blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean, dry blueberries, picking out stems, green berries, and broken berries.
- Toss berries in sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, salt until evenly coated.
- Pour berries into crust.
- Dot with butter.
- Top with crust top layer, sealing edges and making perforations, OR:.
- I removed the other crust from the 2pack I had and rolled it out with a rolling pin, and made cutouts with a heart shaped cookie cutter and arranged those pieces over the top of the pie, leaving some holes throughout. It baked so beautifully with blueberries peeking through the layers of hearts.
- Bake on the bottom shelf of the oven for 45 mins, or until the inside is bubbling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I would also add an additional cup of Berries and I was worried it would be too soupy so I tossed the blueberries in flour and it turned out WAY too cakey. Great easy recipe that you don't need to second guess :-) and I cut my top dough with a crinkle cutter and used it for lattice. It was the MOST beautiful pie I have ever made.
This is soooo good. Like another reviewer mentioned, it sets up very well once completely cooled. I was unsure about using the lowest rack in the oven, but I did and the crust was perfect. I used 2 full pints (4 rounded cups) of fresh blueberries and it turned out great. Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on the crust before baking too!
This is my new favorite blueberry pie recipe! It thickened up perfectly. I never have fruit pies that slice this neatly instead of being runny. Everyone that tried it liked that it wasn't overly sweet. I probably ended up using closer to 4 cups of berries. I also made a lattice top and it looked great!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am one lady who is totally a Recipe-Zaar ADDICT! I have been married for almost four years, and I get a kick out of the fact that DH says I became 'an overnight cooking queen' with the help of the Zaar. I love gathering recipes in my cookbook, printing on Fridays and shopping in preparation for the weeks meals. We have such a great time declaring recipes 'keepers' and I love that Recipezaar has helped me not only to cook well, but to really enjoy doing it. I've contributed some recipes of my own, and am so happy to see people have enjoyed them. I've also made some great friends through Recipezaar- I just love this site.