photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
- 9hrs 20mins
- 3 -4 lbs frozen beef roast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- Place frozen roast in slow cooker. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Slice onion and lay over top.
- Cover and cook on High 1 hour. Turn heat to Low and roast for 6-8 hours, or until meat is tender but not dry.
- Spoon 1 1/4 cups broth from the slow cooker into a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- While broth is heating, whisk together flour and cold water in a small bowl until smooth.
- When the broth boils, stir flour water into the broth, stirring continually until the broth is smooth and thickened.
- Slice roast and return meat and onions to the slow cooker. Pour gravy over top. Turn to Low until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
29 year old wife and mother of 3 who is obsessed with meal planning.