Huevos Al Nido (Eggs in a Nest) Spanish
photo by Montana Heart Song
- Ready In:
- Take each roll and cut a deep cap from the top of roll. Reserve the cap. With your fingers remove the bread from the inside of the roll. Do not break through the roll. Make sure these are the large rolls.
- Make enough cavity for the egg to fit.
- Reserve the bread.
- Warm the milk in the microwave.
- Divide the milk between the roll. Roll them around so the sides get coated with the milk.
- Add 1 tblsp butter to each roll.
- Optional: Add 1 tblsp taco seasoned hamburger.
- Drop the whole egg into the roll. Make sure the rolls are sitting flat.
- Option: Separate the eggs, and drop the yolk into each roll.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- If eggs are separated, whip the whites in a metal bowl and add 1/2 tsp cream of tartar.
- Spoon the whites over the yolk evenly between the six rolls.(You may have more whites and may not use all of the whites.
- Place the caps back on the rolls.
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Place the rolls on a flat baking pan.
- Baste the rolls, sides and tops with olive oil.
- Note: You may bake the tops separately on the sheet and not cover the rolls if you wish. Make sure you baste the bottoms of the tops if you bake separately.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Note: I like to take the reserved bread, crumble it, mix with shredded cheese and coat with a little olive oil in a saute pan for a couple of minutes and serve as a "topper".
- The eggs will look like they are still uncooked, they are -- do not overcook.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My husband & I built our dream home after our children were raised.We didn't hire a contractor, we pounded every nail and board and shingle on it.I have lots of stories to tell about that adventure. My passion is cooking, my grandchildren and living each day like it were my last. I love to drive the big rigs. I lived all over the world for a time and collected dolls and cookbooks. I write poetry. My other passions are the outdoors, country living, the sunrises and sunsets,to give to others more than I receive as it says in the Bible. As I get older I am less judgemental.I hope I have helped someone each and every day. Every day is an adventure! <br /><br />Event Participation! <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-SueL-FirstPlace.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /></p>