Hot Slaw Brussel Sprout Apple and Sausage
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 smoked sausage, your favorite flavor right now mine is the sams club vineson
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons coarse grain mustard (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- In a large skillet with a lid heat oil over med heat saute onion until tender I like to let a few blacken.
- Add remaining ingredients except sausages cover and cook slowly stirring occasionally until the vinegar is mostly gone to taste. At this point remove what ever that damned vegetarian wants ( ever family or biker gathering has one somewhere).
- Add the sausage if pre cooked heat until they look good to you If not cooked then cook until 170 deg or so.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I always barbecued and camp cooked but now that I am retired and my wife is disabled I do almost all the cooking. My preference is for recipes that are fairly simple with over the top results. And most important I still ride my 1940 Indian!!