Hot Pastrami Sliders (For the Crock Pot)
photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces thinly sliced lean deli pastrami
- 12 ounces smithwick's irish ale or 12 ounces other dark beer
- 10 1⁄2 ounces beef consomme
- 1 small onion, slivered
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 ounces thinly sliced baby swiss cheese
- 8 8 small dinner rolls or 8 small rye rolls, split
- coarse ground mustard, as needed
- 1 deli barrel-style pickle, thinly sliced
- Whisk together ale, consomme and mustard in a regular crock pot. Add slivered onion and cooked deli pastrami.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Drain pastrami and reserve cooking liquid.
- Serve pastrami on rolls with swiss cheese, mustard and pickle slices.
- Place in toaster oven or moderate oven to crisp up the rolls and get the cheese a little melty if you like.
- Serve along with a cup of the cooking liquid as an au jus dip.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at email@example.com