Hot or Cold Vegetable Frittata
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped (green, red, or both)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices whole wheat bread, cubed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet or frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add zucchini, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and garlic; saute until tender. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and cream. Stir in cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bread cubes and sauteed vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until center is set. Serve hot or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm married to love of my life who works very hard to keep me happy. Normally, I'm okay when it comes to cooking, nowadays, I feel like I don't know what I'm doing in the kitchen anymore and am completely out of dinner ideas. Guess thats what happens after the first year of being married. I also just gave birth to my first child on Oct. 11, 2009 and am a new mom dealing with the stresses of parenthood in the beginning. I use cooking as an outlet to keep my hands and mind busy. Many Many heartfelt thanks go out to the very generous man who gifted me premium membership here on zaar. It came at a time when I truly needed it and am so thankful for such a random act of kindness. I have just become completely addicted to zaar. It has become my go-to website for cooking. I love reading different recipes and reviews, wondering if I can make them and if i'll like it. I have my hands full with my first child but it doesn't stop me from looking up recipes and trying them out. My husband and I love vegetables and chicken. All other eating options are once in awhile if at all. I really learned cooking from my husband, he's amazing in the kitchen, he can just make something out of nothing and have it turn out to be fantastic but if you ask him the recipe he'll have no idea. He's very creative like that, I on the other hand- not so much. Zaar has helped start turning the wheels in my brain to be creative in the kitchen again.