Honeybaked Ham Coleslaw (Copycat)
photo by The Spice Guru
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 1⁄2 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 (6 ounce) container pina colada yogurt (Yoplait Original)
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk (or 2 tbsps sour cream with 2 tbsp water)
- 1⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 julienned cored green cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup grated carrot
- 1 (4 ounce) container drained pineapple tidbits (Dole)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (Diamond)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh sweet onion
- MEASURE the following DRESSING ingredients into a large bowl: 1/2 cup real mayonnaise, one (6 ounce ) container Yoplait Original Pina Colada yogurt, 1/4 cup buttermilk (or 2 tbsp sour cream with 2 tbsp water), 1/4 cup Miracle Whip, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon turmeric, 1/8 teaspoon ginger, 1 pinch cinnamon,; WHISK the DRESSING mixture until smooth and creamy.
- PREP the SALAD ingredients (julienne 1 cored cabbage to approximately 1 inch long, grate carrots, finely mince 1 tablespoon fresh sweet onion); ADD the SALAD ingredients into the bowl with DRESSING: 6 cups finely chopped cored green cabbage, 1/3 cup grated carrots, one (4 oz. snack cup) drained Dole pineapple tidbits, 2 tablespoons Diamond sliced almonds, 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh sweet onion; COMBINE all ingredients together gently but thoroughly.
- COVER and refrigerate 2 hours to overnight.
- FOLD coleslaw mixture together to refresh consistency just before serving; RE-SEASON with a pinch of salt to taste, if needed.
- SERVE and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Mathematician... Metaphysician... Magician in a test kitchen