Honey Teriyaki Chicken
- Ready In:
- In large frying pan, fry chicken breasts in olive oil till cooked thoroughly.
- Remove chicken from pan and saute mushrooms in drippings.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and return to pan.
- Add teriyaki sauce, honey, brown sugar and honey and simmer till brown sugar is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Add water chestnuts and bamboo shoots.
- Simmer 5 minutes and serve over rice.
- Optional: You can thicken the sauce with cornstarch if you like.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
LOVED THE SWEETNESS in this dish! I cut the recipe in half then followed the ingredients & directions right down the line, with the exception of including the mushrooms when the water chestnuts & bamboo shoots were added ~ It's just that I like either raw mushrooms or those that have been cooked just a little! Anyway, this is a great tasting dish & one I'd like to make more often! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Magic Mushrooms Tag Game]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My family is usually scared to ask what's for dinner as it probably will be something we have never had before and none of us know if we will like it. I have a family full of picky eaters, but I always make them at least try something before deciding if they like it or not!