Honey Pecan Triangles
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Line a 13 inches x 9 inches x 2 inches baking pan with foil; butter the foil with the 2 tsp of butter.
- In a mixing bowl, cream remaining butter with brown sugar. Add egg yolk; mix well.
- Gradually add flour. Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350' for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and honey. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cream and pecans.
- Pour over crust. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Use foil to lift the bars out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Carefully remove foil. Cut into 24 bars; then cut each in haft diagonally making triangles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are amazing! I'm so glad you posted the recipe so I didn't have to (I found it as submitted by Debbie Fogel in Taste of Home) because I'd be so sad if I lost this. Absolutely my favorite addition to my Christmas cookie and candy tray this year. I admit, I used margarine, but they still came out rich and wonderful. I found that both the texture and "cut-ability" actually improved after freezing overnight. The thin crust on the bottom gets super chewy. Really perfect.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I don't think there's anything better than spending time with family and friends and enjoying delicious food together. I just love food. I love reading about food, writing about food, cooking food and.. not surprisingly, eating food. My latest passion is food-photography! I'm still learning a lot, but I'm trying to post photos with all my recipes and reviews. I read recipe books, magazines and food blogs like novels. I get such satisfaction when someone enjoys a meal or dessert that I have prepared. It is the biggest compliment to me when my family and friends rave about my cooking. There are so many terrific recipes on this site. If I'm looking for something, I'm sure to find it here. I do have stacks of my own favorite recipes which I am slowly but surely getting in my cookbooks here . I have had so many awesome reviews and fabulous photos taken of my recipes... I try to thank everyone personally .. I sincerely appreciate each and every review and or comment left. I know it takes time to photograph and upload photos - So I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding and trying my recipes and taking the extra effort...