Honey Glazed Snack Mix
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 1 cup small pretzels
- In a small bowl, stir together oil and honey until well blended.
- In a large bowl, stir together cereals and pretzels, top with honey mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes, stirring well every 90 seconds, until it is cooked through and begins to look golden (it should no longer look "wet", but will still be slightly sticky!).
- Cool thoroughly before serving.
- Note: You might want to start nuking it for 45 seconds at a time and stirring in between; I've heard of some people having trouble with it burning otherwise.
- It may take as little as 3 minutes, so watch carefully!
Very easy to make snack! DO NOT walk away while this is in the microwave :) I had to fish out a few very overdone pieces when I took it out at about 4 minutes. I should have taken it out at about 3.5 minutes. The taste is very light and crunchy. I think I may toss in some nuts the next time I make this. Thank you for an excellent snack recipe!
Great quick snack, perfect for the kids after school. Mine was done after 3 minutes in an oval Corning Ware baking dish (2.5 l?)which was just the right size. Be sure and turn out onto wax paper to harden. I was afraid this would stay wet or sticky but it come out dry, crunchy and sweet with just a touch of saltiness. Delicious! Anyone who enjoys honey would like this. Thanks, Kree, for sharing the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a real estate agent in the lovely city of Rochester, New York. That's not what I expected to do with my life. I got my bachelor's in psychology, my masters in literacy education, and I taught high school special education for two years. Then I discovered that helping people find the homes of their dreams was my real passion. I've been doing it for over two years now and still absolutely love my career. Other than that, I have a very spoiled Border Collie mix named Bear that I adopted from a local shelter in spring '08. He's gorgeous and fun and brings me great joy. Now if only I could find a man like that... LOL!