Homemade "face" Paint
photo by Trixyinaz
- Ready In:
- thoroughly mix the shortening, cornstarch and flour until it forms a paste.
- add the glycerin and stir again until the mixture becomes smooth and spreadable.
- add food coloring one drop at a time until you get the color you like.
- for easy paint removal later -- smooth a dab of cold cream on the child's face before painting.
- use cotton swabs to cream simple designs such as sun, heart, football, daisy and others --
- homemade face paint washes off with soap and water.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My daughter absolutely had fun painting her face. It was very easy to make and very easy to clean off her face too. I didn't use cold cream b/c with the shortening just glides off the skin anyway. I don't knw what I was expecting, but I was hoping that it would dry like paint. I wouldn't let her run around the house with it on in fear that she'd get it all over the furniture or carpet. So unfortunately, it came off as fast as it went on. But I did manage to get some pictures of her cheeks first. Thanks for a great rainy day activity
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking, and reading Christian fiction..I have 5 grandchildren..4 boys and 1 spoiled granddaughter...I also have a black cocker spaniel named Tobey..who is very spoiled..Love computer games, cross stitch and reading cookbooks..I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia almost a year ago, on September 26, 2005....was in an out of the hospital for 8 months, doing intensive chemo...I am doing well now, thanks for all the prayers...