Holiday Split Pea Soup Mix in a Jar
- Ready In:
- Pour gravy mix into wide-mouth pint jar.
- In small bowl, stir next five ingredients together.
- Pour into jar to make second layer.
- Add peas; place bay leaf on top.
- Seal with lid.
- Attach gift tag (below) and decorate jar as desired.
- Attach the following instructions to a gift tag: Holiday Split Pea Soup.
- Empty contents of jar into large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add 6 cups water; heat to boiling, stirring often. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until peas are tender, stirring frequently to prevent peas from sticking. Remove bay leaf. Serve soup with dollop of sour cream and bacon bits, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these for some family members a few years ago for Christmas. I have to admit it was so last minute I didn't even try this recipe before I gifted them and was nervouse about it. Everyone raved about it so much I had to try it out for myself! I use Mcormick gravy mix and lean ham chunks and put it in the crock pot all day on low. It is very yummy! I make this on a regular basis at my house during the colder months and I also have requests from all the family for these for christmas.