Hoisin Sesame Pork Tenderloin
photo by mightyro_cooking4u
- Ready In:
- 2 - 2 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds, carefully toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with foil.
- Put the tenderloin (s) into the baking sheet.
- Spread hoisin sauce over the pork tenderloin (s) rubbing the sauce into the meat lightly with your fingers.
- Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds over the pork tenderloins, turning the tenderloin to cover completely.
- Roast in the middle of the oven for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- The shorter time will yield a slightly pinkish middle, the longer time will be more well-done.
- Serve with rice.
- Sauce can be thickened with cornstarch-- if there isn't enough juice from cooking the tenderloin, just add a bit of hoisin sauce and warm with the pork juices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The most tender pork I've ever eaten! I used two 1-pound tenderloins. I stuck meat thermometer into center and baked 23 minutes until 145 degrees (safe temp. + 5 min. rest, according to food TV's Sara Moulton). I then let it rest 5 minutes before slicing into 1/2-inch medallions. It was slightly pink (but done) in the middle, and VERY juicy and tender. I did not use any juice for gravy, as there wasn't any. The hoisin sauce gave it a nice flavor, and the sesame seeds made it attractive. I will be cooking this 5-star winner again.
see 3 more reviews