- Ready In:
- 3 quarts water
- 1 1⁄2 inches piece ginger, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1 large lime)
- Combine water and ginger in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in Jamaica flowers and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Let steep 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into a large, heat-resistant bowl or pot.
- Stir in lime juice and set aside to cool.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve over ice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I love Hibiscus punch/ Jamaica and had never made it before. I always tweek a recipe to make it my own, here's what I did to suit my taste. I used more ginger = aprox 2" piece and simmered on low after bringing to a boil for 20 min and removed from the heat for the rest. I used less Hibiscus leaves = 1 cup and used honey as a sweetener = 1 cup stirring in before the tea cools and used two limes worth of juice. I like this as a bubbly refreshing summer drink. Fill a drinking glass with ice, Pour halfway with this punch, add seltzer water to fill the rest of the glass. Garnish with mango fruit slice and a couple mint leaves. YUM!
This made a refreshing drink for our cookout yesterday. The recipe was reduced to 2 qts and since the other reviews talked about the strength of the hibiscus flowers I did try making it with 1/2 a cup of flowers and thought it turned out quite well. The sugar was reduced as well to just enough to give it a slight sweetness. Made for Family Picks ZWT9.
Ohhhh so good, I loved it. I made 1/4 of the recipe for myself, it worked great. Used two cups of water, 1/4 cup of hibiscus leaves, 1/4 cup cup of sugar, all the ginger and lime juice. It was perfection, beautiful color, excellent flavor and oh so refreshing. Can't wait to make this for my son, he is going to love it. Thanks for sharing yet another winner, oh Drinks Queen. Made for the Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT-8 - Family Picks Round