Herbie the Omelet
Take advantage of the fresh herbs in your garden with this delicious omelet fit for two. If you don't have fresh herbs on hand, use 1 1/2 tsp. dried Italian or French herb blend.
- Ready In:
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1⁄4 cup Baby Spinach, shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, minced
- Combine the eggs, milk, water, salt and pepper in a bowl; whisk together.
- Spray a 12-inch skillet with non-stick cooking spray; heat pan over medium-high heat. Add the oil, swirling to coat pan.
- Add egg mixture and cook until bottom is set, lifting edges of omelet and tilting skillet to allow eggs to flow beneath to cook, about 8 minutes.
- Top eggs with cheese, spinach and fresh herbs. Fold omelet in half. Continue cooking until cheese melts and spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am not a good omelet maker but I succeded with this one. Herbie is FABULOUS! As written this would be a huge omelet. I halved the recipe and it was still enough to split. I used fresh grated parmesean, romano & mozzarella because I had them all on hand. The mixture of herbs is delightful with the cheeses. Sweetie couldn't figure out the tarragon but he loved it. This would be lovely with a glass of champagne on a lazy Sunday morning. Thanks Hey Jude for posting an omelet that sounded SO good that I had to give omelet making another try. :-)Reply