Herb Light Rye Bread (Bread Machine)
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
1 1/2 pound loaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 7⁄8 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup medium rye flour or 3/4 cup dark rye flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons rapid rise yeast (or 2 1/2 t. bread machine yeast)
- Using a mortar and pestle, combine the dill seeds, poppy seeds, and celery seeds; crush them together coarsely (or place the seeds between 2 sheets of waxed paper and crush them with a rolling pin).
- Add all the ingredients in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's directions, adding the crushed seeds with the dry ingredients.
- Set crust on dark and program for the Basic cycle; press Start.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!