Heirloom Tomato Tarts
- Ready In:
For roasted tomatoes
- 10 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- flaked sea salt
- black pepper
For the tart
- 1 roll, ready-made puff pastry (defrosted)
- 1⁄2 lb buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten
- fresh basil leaf
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place sliced tomatoes on a non-stick baking tray and drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper then place into the oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and caramelizing around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly; turn the oven down to 325°F.
- Roll pastry out thin and place on a paper-lined baking sheet; score the edges to make a border; make sure not to slice through the pastry. Then bake halfway (for approximately 10 minutes); remove from the oven.
- place tomatoes and mozzarella on the pastry, alternating the two.
- brush the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the tomatoes and mozzarella; season with salt and pepper.
- Place back in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes; until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil leaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!