Heathly Version of Chicken Madeira
- Ready In:
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cover each chicken breast with plastic wrap and using a mallet flatten to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken for 6 minutes or until the chicken has browned and fully cooked.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Do not clean pan.
- Keeping the heat on medium, add two Tablespoons olive oil to the skillet.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and saute for about two minutes.
- Add the Madeira wine, beef stock, butter and pepper.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- The sauce will be done when it has thickened and turned a dark brown in color.
- As the sauce is simmering, bring a a large pot filled halfway with water to a boil.
- Cook pasta in a pot.
- When pasta is cooked, plate pasta.
- Prepare the dish by arranging the cooked chicken fillets ontop of the pasta. Then spoon a couple of tablespoons of Madeira sauce over the chicken on each plate.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!