- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey (optional, feel free to use all ground beef)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced yellow bell peppers, each slice cut in half
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced red bell peppers, each slice cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup sliced pimento-stuffed green olives or 15 pimento-stuffed green olives
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Cook beef in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble.
- Remove from pan; drain well.
- Add oil to pan. Add onion, carrots and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Add bell peppers & mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes.
- Return beef to pan.
- Stir in raisins and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaves.
- Serve over rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Born & raised in Alaska, transplant to the Denver, Colorado area and loving it! Enjoy the art of cooking (doesn't have to be fancy) and the enjoyment of serving home cooked healthy meals. Avid baker, struggling to adjust to baking at high altitudes