delicious healthy muffins even kids love... these are for those who like hearty, healthy & grainy foods. i prefer to bake them in a muffin top pan to make them more like a healthy cookie. we often substitute and use mini semi sweet morsels or mini m & m's instead of the fruit. adding the chocolate helps to get my husband and son to eat them. they are a tasty way to get your fiber. i hope you enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 2 cups oats
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 -3 cups blueberries (Fruit of choice or any fruit is great and frozen blueberries work well)
- 1⁄4 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 egg white
- combine ingredients from brown sugar thru powdered milk.
- combine: milk, yogurt and egg white.
- mix together.
- bake 375 degrees for ~20min.
- (i undercook them and refrigerate uneaten muffins. then pop one in a toaster even when ready to eat and it cooks through without drying them out).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I have to give these muffins 5 start for the great taste without any added fat and very high fiber content. I trimmed the sugar way back too by using 1/4 cup of Splenda Brown Blend (thats adds only 2 Tbsp of sugar to the entire recipe!). All I had in the house was lemon yogurt and that was a perfect pairing with the blueberries. Speaking of blueberries I used 2 cups and can't imagine how you'd have any "muffin meat" with 3 cups, lol. They are dense but isn't that what you would expect with the w.w. flour and oat bran? This is a yummy muffin that you really feel good about munching. :DReply