Healthy Garlic Chicken
photo by Sageca
- Ready In:
- Cut chicken in 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine sherry, soya sauce, cornstarch and water; set aside.
- Spray skillet or wok with nonstick spray.
- Heat over high heat; add carrots and garlic. Stir fry 3 minutes.
- Add peas and onions. Stir fry 2 minutes until vegetables are crisp tender.Remove from skillet.
- Add oil to pan and add 1/2 the chicken;stir-fry 2 minutes;remove from pan.
- Stir fry remaining chicken about 3 minutes; return all chicken to skillet.
- Push chicken from center of wok; stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Cook until mixture is thickened and bubbly; stir fry 1 minute.
- Stir in vegetables.
- Cover and cook another minute.
- Serve with rice or angel hair pasta.
This was great!!!! I had to cut back on the soy because I usually buy the lite soy and I accidentally bought the regular, so for me that is too much sodium. I just used 2 TBS., and increased the water by 1 TBS. I used carrots, peas, green onions and added waterchestnuts. I had to resist the urge to put red pepper flakes in this, because, I LOVE red pepper flakes in stir fry. I will next time I make this. Thanks Sage for posting such a great and versatile recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, read recipe books and food magazines,spend time in kitchen stores, grocery stores, gourmet shops, learning new cooking techniques, trying new kitchen gadgets,tasting exotic foods,enjoying a wonderful meal. I've always had a herb garden; now I have containers on my patio with my must have herbs. It seems, everything tastes better with fresh herbs!