Healthy Dark Chocolate Torte (Pie)
photo by Kathi Ann
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
1 torte/pie slices
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips (Ghirardelli 60% cacao)
- 1 lb lowfat silken tofu (aka lite firm silken tofu)
- 1 tablespoon honey (Rare Hawaiian Organic White)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract (Madagascar Bourbon)
- 1⁄3 cup coffee liqueur (optional) or 1/3 cup other liqueur (optional)
- 9 inches chocolate wafer pie crust
- Place enough water in the bottom of a 4-quart saucepan to come 1 inch up the sides. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Place the chocolate chips in a medium metal mixing bowl, set over the simmering water, and stir with a rubber or silicone spatula until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the tofu, chocolate mixture, and honey in a blender or food processor and spin until smooth (about 1 minute). Add in the vanilla extract (and optional liqueur) and pulse 20 seconds or so until incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the filling sets firm.
- Serving suggestion: Top with chocolate sprinkles. Garnish with raspberry puree and fresh raspberries.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a foodie who loves to bake and would like to learn more about cooking. I'd also like to be able to create my own recipes by knowing what flavor combinations work well together, and how ingredients interact (esp in baking). Tell me what you think of any recipe I am brave enough to post. Dish it out - I can take it!