Healthy Copycat of Hardee's Blueberry Biscuits
photo by ChefMamaBlogger
- Ready In:
For the biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 - 1 1⁄4 cup half & half light cream
For the filling
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh, or frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
For the glaze
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon fat-free half-and-half
For the biscuits:
- combine ingredients until crumbly in bowl, then knead 3-4 times with your hands in the bowl. I start off with 1 cup half and half, then add by the tablespoon until the dough sticks together without being sticky.
- turn out onto a lightly floured counter-top and pat down with your hands to about 1 inch in thickness.
- use a biscuit cutter or the top of a glass to cut rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- collect the scraps and pat down to use all remaining dough – makes about 6 biscuits.
- bake at 400 for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
For the filling:
- combine ingredients and cook on medium high until boiling and beginning to thicken.
- reduce heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Once biscuits have baked, hollow out the centers and fill with blueberry filling. Add a drizzle of glaze just before serving (combine glaze ingredients, stir until smooth and set aside until needed).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!