Healthy Chocolate No Bake Oatmeal Cookies
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons carob powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed, ground
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1⁄8 cup spirulina
- Prepare oats, flax, coconut, nutritional yeast, and spirulina in a large (preferably metal) bowl, mix well. Prepare flat surface equal to 2 large cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Place sugar, carob powder, butter and milk in 2 or 3 quart heavy pan on medium heat, stirring frequently to mix and help melt ingredients together.
- When mixture comes to a rolling boil, let boil 3 minutes, without stirring, take off heat, add vanilla and peanut butter and mix well.
- Add to prepared oat mixture and place on wax paper by teaspoonful. Mixture may take several hours to dry solid depending on humidity.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!