Healthy Chicken Fajitas
photo by paigesluyter
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- whole wheat tortilla
- 2 cups black beans, cooked and pureed
- 1⁄4 cup fat free low-sodium beef broth (50% less sodium)
- healthy salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) bag instant brown rice
- Mexican blend cheese
- marinate the chicken with lime juice, and season with cumin, garlic powder, chile powder, cayenne pepper, and peppercorn.
- season veggies with peppercorn and toss with olive oil.
- heat grill to medium heat.
- cook chicken until done.
- cut chicken into thin strips.
- cook veggies in a skillet over medium heat, covered for 16 minutes or until soft.
- cook rice according to box directions.
- puree black beans and broth.
- mix chicken, veggies, and rice together.
- heat tortillas and put on cheese, chicken mixture and a scoop of beans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!