Healthy Berry Bramble Cake
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 medium egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup raspberries
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celcius and grease a 2lb loaf tin.
- Mix the splenda and applesauce together in a large bowl until combined. Beat in the egg, egg white and vanilla.
- Sift in flour and baking powder and mix well. Finally fold in the raspberries.
- Transfer the mixture to the loaf pan and bake for approx 35 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this using blackberries rather tan rapberries and it turned out quite well. I used 2 whole eggs as I was too lazy to separate. The cake didn't rise as much as I expected and it took a little longer to cook than stated but the result was a lovely moist cake, great for diabetics or those watching their waistline. Thanks for posting!