Healthy Baked Potato Skins
- Ready In:
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons sour cream, fat free
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese, 2% or 4 tablespoons fat, free variety shredded
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- cooking spray
- Wash potatoes and bake in 350 degree oven for about an hour. Do not prick the potatoes. Remove from oven and cool.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the soft insides with a spoon. Get as much out as possible without puncturing the skin. Spray both sides of the skin with non-fat cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Place back in a 350 degree oven for about 3-5 minutes, until crisp.
- Mix sour cream, garlic and chives. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Fill each potato skin with tomatoes, scallions, bacon, bell pepper, and cheese. Place back in oven until cheese melts, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with cold sour cream & garlic/chive sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pretty good home cook and a Food Network junkie. Every time I host an event or create a new dish, my confidence grows....I'm always testing new ideas and sometimes (I'm a nerd) that dreams in food.</p> <p>I was proud to have one of my recipes chosen as RecipeZaar's Recipe of the Day on 11/27/09 with my Turkey, Cranberry, & Pesto Sandwich. I also had the opportunity to cook at the Aetna Healthy Food Fight competition in Los Angeles last summer - talk about pressure!</p>