Hazelnut & Sage Pate
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F
- Place hazelnuts and sesame seeds on 2 seperate baking trays and lightly roast in oven 5-10 minutes; when hazelnuts are cool, rub off the skins.
- In a food processor, grind nuts and seeds together until they resemble fine crumbs (if you prefer a coarse pate, grind half nuts and seeds fine and grind the other half coarsely).
- In a large bowl beat together the cream cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, sage and oil.
- Add nut and seed mixture, combining well.
- Add the milk to get a moist consistency (the mixture should be fairly wet because the nuts will absorb some liquid).
- Place mixture in ramekins or other desired mold and chill until set.
- Serve chilled in ramekins or with small individual salads with toast.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><br /> <br />My most used and favorite cookbook is the 1946 edition of Fannie Farmer's Boston Cooking School handed down to me from my Mother. <br /> <br />My most favorite kitchen utensils are a set of Johnson & Wales knives given to me by my mother, a professional chef. <br /> <br />I enjoy traveling to exotic places, trying new foods and bringing home rare ingredients to expirement with. <br /> <br />I work fulltime as a lab technician for a local diagnostic center. In addition to that, during my free time I'm either at the gym, listening to music, tending to my herb garden and/or trying out new recipes & ideas in the kitchen. <br /> <br />I am a classically trained singer and musician, passionate about music. <br /> <br />My favourite thing to do is sit outside in my garden with my husband, a glass of wine, good food, music & a few good friends. <br /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/AnimatedHostChallengeBanner.gif alt= /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /></p>