Hazelnut-Brown Butter Trout
- Ready In:
- 4 (10 -12 ounce) pan-dressed trout
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch green onion, cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Spread trout open; sprinkle meaty side with cumin, salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. \.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add two trout, skin-side-up; cook for 2 minutes. Turn skin-side-down; cook 2 to 3 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork.
- Line 4 plates with green onion strips. Transfer fish to 2 of the plates, skin-side-down. Cover; keep warm.
- Add additional oil, as needed, to fry remaining fish. Cook as above. Transfer to plates. Cover; keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add butter and hazelnuts to skillet; cook, stirring often, 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, until butter and nuts begin to brown. Stir in lemon juice and vinegar; cook for 30 seconds until slightly thickened (aroma will be strong). Add remaining 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Pour nut mixture over trout; serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm 82 years young and love living on the Oregon Coast. I enjoy cooking, needlepoint, going agate hunting on the beach, whale watching, movies, and spending time with my 5 children and 6 grandchildren. </p>