this is not my own personal recipe, i added it for the zaar world tour game and now zaar reps refuse to remove it.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups roasted unsalted hazelnuts, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 drops vanilla
- chocolate, for decoration Melted
- Put a large pot or kettle over a medium heat.
- Add sugar, water, and corn syrup and bring to a boil.
- When mixture comes to a boil, add butter.
- Cook to 260 degrees F on a candy thermometer without stirring and add the sliced hazelnuts.
- Bring mixture to 300 degrees F and stir in salt, baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour mixture onto a greased baking sheet and spread out and allow to cool.
- Break up into pieces and decorate with melted chocolate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I can't say I love this more than peanut brittle but I love most any nut and it was topped with chocolate so that is good in my book. This is one of those things I would have thought to be hard but it was not actually. The hard part was yelling at the children to stay back because it is HOT! I will probably stick to some other nuts in the future but this was fun to try. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT4.Reply
Well...I had some hazelnuts and love making toffee so decided to try brittle. It was easy to make but you really have to watch it towards the end as it darkens really quickly all at once. Mine darkened at about 250 so I started stirring it then. After I poured it onto a greased cookie sheet, I scattered semi-sweet chocolate chips over it which melted from the heat and then I spread them into a thin layer with a rubber spatula. All in all it was easy to make and turned out with the perfect consistency but I just didn't like the hazelnuts...I don't recall having them before so I don't know if I just don't like them or if I had a bad batch...they just had a funny flavor to me. They are VERY crunchy so are nice in a brittle for that. Made for the ZWT4- Jefes.Reply