Hazelnut and Bean Burger
Hazelnut and Bean Burger in Vegan by Jean-Christian Jury. Copyright © 2017 by Jean-Christian Jury. Reproduced by permission of Phaidon. All rights reserved.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups hazelnuts (120 g) or 1 1/2 cups almonds, crushed (120 g)
- 1 cup canned tomato (200 g)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked kidney beans (360 g) or 1 1/2 cups pinto beans (360 g)
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, plus extra as needed (240 g)
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- lettuce leaf, to garnish
- tomatoes, slices to garnish
- sliced onion, to garnish
- dill pickle, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF/190ºC/Gas Mark 5.
- Using a food processor or high-speed blender, process all ingredients to a smooth purée. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and form each into a patty. If the mixture is too wet, add more breadcrumbs. Transfer the patties to a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, until well cooked.
- Split the burger buns. Make a bed of salad leaves and tomato slices on the bottom half of each bun, then place a burger on top. Top the burger with your favorite sauces and cover with the top of the bun.
- Recipe courtesy of Vegan by Jean-Christian Jury. Get the book here: https://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Cookbook-Jean-Christian-Jury/dp/0714873918.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation