MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Good for preganent moms . Add 2 tblsp to 200 ml warm milk for a soothing milkshake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqanzD4u4ZM
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons ground pumpkin seeds
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- 3 tablespoons ground pistachios (shelled, skinned)
- 3 tablespoons roasted ground poppy seeds (khus khus)
- 1 teaspoon ground green cardamoms, skinned
- 1 tablespoon anise (saunf)
- All the dried fruits should be UNSALTED.
- the almonds maybe ground with their skins on, but the pistas need to have their skins removed. Just bunch them in a muslin cloth and rub them and viola no skin!
- If time permits roast the seeds slightly; cool them completely then grind and store.
- Poppy seeds are tricky to grind - make sure you roast them and then grind them; or better still look for ground poppy seeds in grocery stores.
- If it's too time consuming for you, include the skins of the green cardamom - though these fibrous buds don't grind fine and surface up on the palette - in curries ground skins don't stand out, here in a shake they just might to a discerning palette.
- Could be made into warm milkshakes or into frozen milk lollies as a teatime nutritious snack. Sweeten with sugar though.
- For an additional punch, you may add a dash of cinnamon powder or 1 tsp dried vanilla powder.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION