Easy Ham Stroganoff
photo by Kisha
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 lb ham, cut into 1 inch dice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef bouillon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Melt the 1/4 cup of margarine or butter and sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms until onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add ham and blend in flour, tomato sauce, Burgundy wine and beef bouillon; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- In greased 2-quart casserole layer 1/3 of the noodles and top with 1/3 of the ham mixture.
- Repeat twice more, ending with ham mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful! The whole family enjoyed this dish, and it's a nice change from other leftover ham recipes. Even better than I thought it would be, and from very simple ingredients. I used 8 oz of fresh mushrooms sautéed with the onion and leftover ham from my freezer. I don't use canned broths due to MSG, but knowing that the 10 oz can is concentrated, I used 1 1/2 t of jarred organic beef broth base to make 10 oz. Will make again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
We used our left over Easter ham for this. Wow, what a change! It was so good. My husband made it and tweaked it a bit because he wanted to used a whole can of beef broth, instead of the ten ounces. He just increased the flour to three tbls. and used 14 oz of broth. It was even better the second day. Thanks so much for a great recipe.
see 5 more reviews