Ham and Chickpea Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 4 -6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups ham (diced)
- 1 ham bone (optional)
- 2 (19 ounce) cans chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 lb green beans (cleaned, trimmed and cut)
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan.
- Add the onions, carrot and celery and saute until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the stock, ham, chickpeas, oregano and bay leaf and simmer, covered on low heat for at least 20 minutes.
- Add the green beans and simmer until the green means are cooked al dente.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!