Gwen’s Pickled Mango
photo by marisk
- Ready In:
- 16 cups green unripe mangoes, sliced
- li hing mui seeds (with seed-about 10-12 or seedless-about 10)
- 2⁄3 cup white vinegar (American)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sea salt
- 4 cups water
- Place mango slices and ling hing mui into wide-mouth gallon jar. Set aside.
- Bring vinegar, water, sugar and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan; stirring constantly to dissolve sugar and salt (mixture should be slightly thickened.) Pour over mangoes.
- Seal the container tightly.
- Refrigerate for one week. Lightly shake the bottle occasionally to mix the ingredients.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Aloha! I just recently started spending more time in the kitchen and am learning that cooking and baking can be fun as well as challenging. My favorite cookbook resources are my 'gourmet' sister and the very patient and generous Ohana of Zaar. Mahalo nui loa! <br /><br />My rating system: The first time I try a recipe, I follow the instructions as given; if I do a little tweaking, I keep that in mind when rating. It's not right to rate lower because of something I did or didn't do. <br />***** ... Excellent! Tasted great with/without tweaking. <br />**** ... Loved It! Tasted great with/without tweaking. <br />No stars ... May be an excellent recipe but I was unable to get it to work for me. May or may not try again later. We don't all have the same taste preferences. I've found recipes with lots of five stars that just didn't work for me and some with less that I thought were great. <br />Thank you All for sharing!</p>