The delicate taste of of green tea is given a light, minty aftertaste in this deliciousdrink, which is a traditional favorite in Morocco.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon loose gunpowder green tea or 1 tea bag
- 1⁄8 1 teaspoon of fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- fresh mint sprig, for garnish
- Place the tea, mint extract or mint leaves, and sugar, if desired, in a teapot. heat the water to a boil and pour the water into the teapot. Let the tea brew for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on your taste. Strain or pour the tea into a cup. Garnish with a fresh mint sprig.
- NOTE: You can also mix fresh or dried mint leaves with the Gunpowder tea before brewing--1/2 teaspoon of each works best. Then omit the mint extract from the recipe.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION