Grilled Tequila Salmon
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- Grate peel from limes & place in a bowl.
- Squeeze out 1/2 cup juice from limes.
- Add to bowl along with tequila & oil.
- Finely chop peppers and stir into lime mixture along with sugar, chili powder & salt.
- Place salmon into large resealable plastic bag.
- To support the bag, place in a large bowl.
- Pour marinade over fish and seal bag.
- Let marinade for at least an hour--but preferably 4 hours.
- Lightly oil grill and turn BBQ to medium.
- Remove salmon from marinade & place directly on hot grill.
- BBQ, with lid closed, for about 7- 8 minutes per side or until a knife point inserted into the center of the salmon feels warm.
- While salmon is grilling, pour remaining marinade into a saucepan.
- Boil vigorously, uncovered, stirring often, until sauce is reduced by half--about 3 minutes.
- If you want a thicker sauce, add butter & whisk constantly for about another minute.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a wonderful meal! Our entire family really enjoyed the flavor of the fish and the "sauce" was so....good! I would prepare "Mexican or TexMex" style side dishes because I served the boring baked potato etc. and it didn't do the salmon any justice. We will be making this more and sharing the recipe! Thanks!
Summery, festive dish, especially for entertaining. DH and I really enjoyed this. I made exactly as is, whisking a bit of butter in the sauce towards the end (a hint to future cooks; when using the butter, let the sauce cool down for a few minutes before pouring over the fish, as this thickens it even more). We'll definitley make again. Delicious.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
In the words of Tracy Byrd, "I'm from the country & I like it that way"!! On May 1, 2008 my husband and I started a new adventure. We'll be living in a 37 foot RV while our new home is under construction. Its out in the country on a dead end dirt road with lots of trees. For the next 4 months or so, most meals will be cooked on the BBQ and life will be full of challenges! We love spending quality time with our friends & family - especially the grandkids!! The photo is 4 generations - my 84 year old mother, myself, my daughter & my youngest granddaughter - taken at the end of 2006. I've participated in many contests & events here on Zaar but this is the first banner that I've posted. My thanks to Dreamgoddess for hosting the contest & SusieD for the banner design! <img src="http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f249/Dreamgoddess555/Narrow1-1.jpg">