Green Tea and Cinnamon Churros
photo by Wen Jun C.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- oil, for deep fry
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon grounded cinnamon or 1 teaspoon green tea powder
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar, salt and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer or deep skillet. Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Be warned, a lot of pressure needed to pipe out, my disposable piping bag actually burst halfway piping it. Hence use a silicone piping bag. Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon/ green tea. Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture while its hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!