Green Chile-Sausage Quiche
A nice brunch recipe for the holidays!
- Ready In:
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole green chilies, drained
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9-inch)
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage (cooked, drained, and crumbled)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Split and seed green chilies and place in piecrust. Sprinkle cooked, crumbled sausage over chilies. In bowl combine eggs, cream, both cheeses, salt and pepper and pour over sausage.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until top is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
wow, this is really good, Nancy!!! We loved it, and my husband REALLY loved it :) I made my own pastry, and used fresh chopped chillies, and added as a topping some halved rosa tomatoes, simply because I had them. Excellent recipe that made a great dinner and then perfect for lunches!!! Thanks Nancy, great recipe!!!