Green Chile Pancakes
- Ready In:
For the pancakes
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- canola oil or cooking spray
For the pancake filling
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chili peppers
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 -3 jalapenos, finely chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, sliced
- Sift flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs and melted butter.
- Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and whisk until blended and smooth. (Note: Be careful not to overmix.).
- Lightly coat bottom of nonstick large skillet with cooking spray or oil. Heat over medium heat. Working in batches, pour 1/4 cup batter into skillet.
- Working quickly, distribute a small amount of bacon, green chiles, scallions, jalapeÃ±os and cheddar cheese throughout the cooking pancake.
- Once the bottom of the pancake is golden, after about 1 1/2 minutes, turn pancakes and cook until second sides are golden, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Repeat with remaining batter and remaining pancake filling until done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello from suburban Fort Worth, Texas! <br /> <br /><br /> <br />______________________________________________ <br /> <br /> <br />*My rating system defined* <br /> <br />Very few recipes really knock my socks off - I love to cook but am not a gourmet. <br />This said: <br /> <br />***** - met all my expectations in taste & appearance; directions were clear & easy to follow. <br /> <br />**** - fell slightly short of my expectations in taste or appearance or directions were faulty or not completely clear. <br /> <br />*** - mediocre taste and/or appearance; most likely a recipe that I would not use again without much modification. <br /> <br />** - taste and/or appearance was not to my liking; a recipe that I would not attempt to modify or use again. <br /> <br />* - taste was absolutely not to my liking (I can't imagine ever using this rating as I can generally tell by the ingredients if I will enjoy the finished product or not) <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/chefbanner1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/scmurray51/hagshat.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><br /> </p>