Green Chile Jerky
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 30mins
1 1/2 pounds jerky
- 2 lbs top round beef, frozen to firm
- 1 cup green chili powder (if you can not find green chile powder use red chile powder)
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper, ground
- Preheat oven to 150-degrees F.
- To prepare jerky, cut beef across the grain into 1/8 - 1/16th inch slices and then place meat slices on a rack over a cookie sheet.
- In a pie pan combine chile powder, salt and pepper.
- Dredge meat slices in mixture.
- Replace meat on rack.
- Put in oven overnight or for at least 10-12 hours or until dry and chewy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>