Green Beans To Impress
This simple dish has a lot going for it: fresh green beans, toasted nuts, and the salty goodness of fresh parmesan slivers. It's very easy, yet looks stunning with the parmesan shards -- and it will definitely impress your guests.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 ounce fresh parmesan cheese (in one piece)
- Top and tail the beans, but leave them whole.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and, when boiling, drop beans in; cook approximately eight minutes or until beans are tender-crisp (if you like your beans to be softer, by all means cook them longer).
- Drain well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add walnuts to pan and, stirring frequently to prevent burning, cook walnuts for 2 or 3 minutes, or until they start to turn golden and are fragrant.
- Add drained beans to skillet and toss gently, making sure beans get coated with butter.
- Heat through for one minute, stirring gently once or twice, then turn out onto a shallow serving platter.
- Shave or sliver parmesan so it is in shards (most box graters have a slicing side, and this works well), and place all parmesan slivers on top of beans and walnuts; serve immediately.
- Note: if you absolutely cannot find a cheese counter where you can buy a piece of parmesan cheese, use 1/4 cup grated, but please make sure it is freshly grated; there is a huge flavour difference between fresh and the grated stuff you can buy off the shelf.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation