Green Bean & Fig Salad
- Ready In:
- Bring a large stock pot filled with water to a boil, do not add salt as this will draw water out of the beans. Drop the beans into the rapidly boiling water and cover for 3 to 5 minutes till crispy tender.
- While beans are cooking make a large bowl of ice water. Drop the crispy tender beans into the ice water to stop the cooking. Pour cooled beans into colander to drain.
- In a large bowl combine green onion, garlic, vinegar and olive oil.
- Cut cool dried beans into 1/2 inch lengths; toss with dressing and figs.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes to 60 minutes.
- Serve topped with toasted almonds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My other half is always wanting me to jazz up green beans, carrots or some other veggie, & this recipe did fit the bill! Great flavor combo what with the beans, figs & almonds, & of course the garlic, which we love! Definitely a recipe worth keeping around! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]