MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is quite lengthy and I have not given this out in 25 years of coveting it so consider yourself lucky! LOL Greek Salad Louis Pappas Restaurant Tarpon Springs, Florida Potato Salad for center of salad
- Ready In:
- 6 boiling potatoes
- 4 green bell peppers, sliced, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced, including green tops
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing, not Mayo
- 1 head of lettuce, shredded saving the good outer leaves
- 12 sprigs watercress
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 12 wedges
- 1 cucumber, cut into 8 fingers
- 1 avocado, cut into 8 wedges
- 4 packages feta cheese, blocks are good for slicing into squares
- 1 green pepper, cut into 8 rings
- 4 slices beets, cooked (bottled is fine)
- 4 jumbo shrimp, cooked
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 12 Greek olives
- 12 salonika peppers
- 4 radishes, cut into rosettes
- 4 whole green onions
- Boil potatoes in skins for 30 minutes.
- Drain, cool and cut into slices in a bowl.
- Add peppers, onions and parsley.
- Fold in salad dressing and lightly salt if wanted.
- Should be about 3 cups Salad ingredients needed 1 head of lettuce shredded, saving the good outer leaves 12 sprigs of watercress 2 tomatoes cut into 12 wedges 1 cucumber cut into 8 fingers 1 avocado cut into 8 wedges 4 portions of Feta cheese, blocks are good for slicing into squares 1 green pepper cut into 8 rings 4 slices of cooked beets (bottled is fine) 4 jumbo cooked shrimp 4 anchovy fillets 12 Greek olives 12 Salonika peppers 4 radishes cut into rosettes 4 whole green onions Line platter or LARGE (this is a meal!) bowl with the outside of the lettuce leaves.
- Place the 3 cups of potato salad in a mound in the center of the lettuce. Cover with the remaining shredded lettuce, mounding it up high.
- Arrange the watercress on top.
- Place the tomato wedges around the bottom outer edge of the lettuce. Place the cucumber fingers in-between the tomatoes standing upright on the lettuce. Put avocado around the same way so you have tomato, cucumber, avocado repeating all round.
- Place the 4 fetas around the top in a circle. Add the beets on the feta and the shrimp on the beet. Place the anchovy on top of the shrimp/beet/feta.
- Place the olives, peppers, green onions as desired.
- This is a beautiful dish.
- You will see the empty spots to fill.
- Dressing 1/4 cup white vinegar 1/4 cup olive oil 1/4 cup vegetable oil oregano Blend the two oils.
- Sprinkle the entire salad with the vinegar then with the blended oils.
- Sprinkle oregano all over.
- Serve immediately.
- If you want to make it early in the day, wait until serving time to do the feta, beet, shrimp, anchovy.
- The beet will stain the cheese. We find it hard to destroy this work of art until we remember how wonderful it is!! Serve with toasted garlic bread for a meal.
- Diane Pyburn
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 5 more