Greek Baked Prawns With Tomatoes and Feta
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 700 g tomatoes, blanched, peeled and finely chopped (ripe) or 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 400 g raw tiger shrimp, peeled
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 75 g feta
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the wine and boil for 3 to 4 minutes until most of it has evaporated, then stir in the tomatoes, oregano and seasoning.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 mins to produce a thick sauce.
- Whilst the sauce is simmering pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the prawns and parsley to the sauce and transfer to an ovendish, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes then serve with crusty bread and side salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br />Happily married and the proud mum of a beautiful daughter aged 5 and a baby son who was born on 10/04/10. Really enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, especially north American, French, Greek and Mexican. Have many cookbooks which I often pick from but love Nigel Slaters recipes and attitude, Charmaine Solomon for her Asian recipes and I am also a subscriber to Good Food Mag. I try to source good quality ingredients particularly meat and organic veg as I believe that <br />good ingredients can make a meal truely special. Have been lucky enough to find a wonderful farmer/butcher in Wales who only sells his own produce which is fantastic and I always stock up on a whole lamb for the freezer when I go there! <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /></p> <p> </p> <p><a href=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HycMLGzpJjc/S-3vqYbQ-3I/AAAAAAAAAAo/UwzmbgtkT30/s1600/MischiefMakers.jpg[/img></a></p>