Grecian Green Beans
photo by Dr. Jenny
- Ready In:
- 2 cups fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Place the beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the beans; saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce heat.
- Add the tomato, oregano, salt and pepper; cook 1 minutes longer or until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
LOVED these beans!! Easy, delicious, and surprisingly flavorful for the few ingredients, these beans made a wonderful accompaniment to my orange roughy. These beans are versatile enough that they could go as a side to a good number of main dishes. I followed all directions and ingredients as posted, with the exception that I ran out of regular olive oil right before making this dish, so I had to use a porcini infused olive oil that I had just bought. This added a delicious subtle mushroom flavor to the dish that went over so well that I think I will use the infused oil from now on when I make this dish. Thanks for this keeper--I will definitely make these beans again. Made for ZWT4.