Grapefruit, Almond, Gin and Labne Buche De Noel
photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 184 g yogurt (labne)
- 78 g milk
- 201 g white chocolate
- 220 g cream
- 2 1⁄2 ea. gelatin
- 1 g ground juniper berries
- 1 pinch black pepper, ground
- 66 g all-purpose flour
- 64 g sugar, 10x
- 100 g almond flour
- 160 g sugar, 10x sifted
- 200 g egg whites
- 1 g salt
- 100 g grapefruit juice
- 143 g sugar
- 117 g eggs
- 1 1⁄2 ea. gelatin
- 89 g butter
- 3 g vanilla bean paste
- 1 g citric acid
- 256 g butter
- 116 g sugar, 10x
- 7 g vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs
- 480 g all-purpose flour
- 2 g salt
- 195 g grapefruit juice
- 300 g sugar
- 300 g sugar syrup
- 215 g sweetened condensed milk
- 27 g gelatin
- 325 g white chocolate
- Whip cream to soft peak and reserve.
- Bloom gelatin and reserve.
- In a saucepan combine milk and ¼ labne and bring to a boil with the juniper and black pepper.
- Add bloomed gelatin and strain into chocolate.
- Emulsify with immersion blender.
- Combine well with remaining labne.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Cast into desired mold.
- In a bowl mix together Flour, Sugar 1, Salt, and almond flour and reserve.
- Whip egg whites to soft peak then fold in Sugar 2.
- Fold meringue into dry ingredients in 3 stages.
- Spread evenly onto a ½ sheet pan and bake in a convection oven @ 325F for 10 minute.
- Bloom gelatin and reserve.
- In a pot combine grapefruit juice, sugar, citric acid, vanilla and eggs and begin to heat on medium flame.
- Bring to a boil whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat add gelatin and incorporate.
- Add butter and emulsify with an immersion blender.
- Cool completely then pipe in strips onto a Silpat.
- Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla at low speed.
- Stream in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in flour and salt, and combine.
- Roll out to 1/8” on a well floured surface and cut to the size of desired mold.
- In a bowl combine sweetened condensed milk and white chocolate and reserve.
- In a pot combine grapefruit juice, sugar, and glucose and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin.
- Strain into white chocolate and emulsify with an immersion blender.
- 1. Make Grapefruit Curd, pipe in strips and freeze.
- 2. Make mousse, pipe halfway into mold, push frozen curd into the center of the mousse, then pipe mousse into the remainder of the mold. Freeze completely.
- 3. Unmold mousse and place onto wire rack.
- 4. Glaze with grapefruit glaze then carefully place onto the sucre base.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!